Centerline Enterprise Transportation Software
Drive your Less-Than-Load (LTL) or Truck Load (TL) business to new heights with the Centerline suite of business solutions that reduce operating costs and increase profitability so effectively the ROI is often achieved in less than one year.
Centerline Transportation software goes beyond simply automating business operations and financial management: it provides powerful tools to reduce costs and increase revenues. Real-time visibility to all aspects of your trucking business enables proactive, strategic action that affect your business immediately; not at month’s end! This is competitive advantage at its best.
Your customers demand a higher level of service than ever before. To deliver, you need total up-to-the-minute control of your operation. With Centerline, you can focus on meeting their needs while your competitors focus on last month’s books.
Centerline provides business critical activities such as:
- Order Entry
- Mobile tracking
- Terminal Management
- Interlines Payable
- Web Portal
- Document Imaging
Centerline is a fully-integrated super-suite of operational control software that gives you real-time visibility of your entire business. You can take control of your entire organization from orders-in to profits-out, automating the entire process from back-office management and dispatch to driver activities in the field.
Centerline – Key Modules
Centerline’s Order Entry module is designed for efficiency and accuracy in your Customer Service operation. The Order Entry module includes customer profiles with key information to minimize data entry and errors. The specific details of the pick-up request (type of freight, # of pallets, weight, dimensions etc.) are captured in the software for freight shipments, along with any special instructions. Order entry can be done in a matter of seconds with the input of just a few key fields. More information can be captured at order entry to avoid added data entry later, streamlining your shipping operations.
- Rate Quotes – Let your customer service reps provide rate quotes. These quotations reference Centerline’s rate tables and produce quotes based on a variety of user-defined measures such as freight type and quantity and/or distance from origin to destination plus many more. Quotations are assigned unique numbers which are used to reference the quote when the customer actually places the order.
- EDI Order Entry – In addition to call-in orders, Centerline supports the receipt and processing of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) messages allowing the shipper and carrier to eliminate the costs associated with manual order placing and manual order taking through transportation systems.
- Web Portal – Centerline’s Customer Web Portal provides a number of functions to improve customer service and reduce the workload on your Customer Service people.
Centerline software tracks every piece of freight in your trucking operation and feeds the activity directly into your billing system. The Cross Dock Control module manages multiple terminals and tracks freight line hauled across terminals, determines line haul Preferred Carriers and the Points of Interchange, tracks and manages OS&D (Overage, Shortage & Damage) and claims and manages all inbound and outbound freight manifesting.
What does this mean for Centerline Terminal Management System users? Absolute freight control. The Centerline TMS enforces checks and balances at the source and when the freight is still in your hands, not after the freight has already been delivered to the customer causing higher incidents of credits and rebills. Problems such as overages, shortages or damage are identified and addressed early in the process, improving efficiencies and increasing customer satisfaction while streamlining terminal management operations.
Centerline’s Manifest process manages and controls the movement of freight through the terminal(s) with Offload Manifests, Preload Manifest, Delivery Manifests and Inter-terminal/Inter-line Manifests.
Centerline’s Dispatch Module directs incoming and outgoing traffic efficiently and follows the status of all your rolling stock and on-road personnel, providing for improved control and visibility of your trucking operations.
Dispatchers know the precise location of your assets (trucks and trailers) at all times, their load status, their availability and their usage, enabling tight control of your resources. You can easily create trips (routes for pick-ups and/or deliveries) by combining resources (drivers, trucks and trailers) and then assigning orders to the trip by simply dragging and dropping orders from the pick-up board.
Customizable to Any Operation
The dispatch software can be customized to meet the needs of any operation and the personal preferences of the dispatchers themselves. Dispatchers have visibility of all outstanding orders that require a pick-up or a delivery. With powerful filtering capabilities, dispatchers can views only those orders that are of interest, reducing screen clutter, eliminating errors and allowing for efficient scheduling of freight orders.
Centerline’s Dispatch module contains tools to ensure assets are being used productively. Action Level indication, in conjunction with mobile computing technology automatically tells dispatchers which trips need their attention. It allows dispatcher to identify drivers who are idle as well as those who will soon be idle based on the work assigned to their itinerary. Action level indication helps improve dispatcher productivity which in turn improves driver productivity and asset utilization.
Centerline Mobile Trucking Solutions
The Dispatch Module is most effective when updated with real-time data from trucks on the road, using Centerline Mobile. Real-time data can be collected from a driver’s mobile device and can also be used with mapping and routing software for added efficiency. Centerline Mobile extends business critical information to drivers in the field, streamlining the dispatch process, and eliminating manual paperwork and administrative tasks for the drivers. Android devices empower drivers, much like PC’s empower your office workers, enabling them to open and close orders, scan barcodes, take pictures for OS&D claims, send messages and capture signatures, all from a single device.
Using GPS and wireless cellular networks, dispatchers can monitor the location of the fleet throughout the day in real-time and transmit important data such as new pick-ups or schedule changes, effortlessly. With the option to communicate using cellular networks, LTL carriers can benefit from Centerline Mobile, for only a fraction of the cost of traditional satellite-only systems.
Centerline Mobile keeps dispatchers aware of their fleet’s location so that they can assign unplanned orders to the unit that can respond quickest and at the lowest cost. GPS location information is also used to ensure a high degree of driver productivity and performance. Furthermore, Centerline Mobile provides real time updates to freight tracking data through the Web Portal.
A detailed trip itinerary is sent out to the mobile device from Centerline using any cellular wireless network. GPS location data is captured regularly and key driver activities are recorded with date and time stamps which are immediately transmitted to Centerline. The end result is that dispatchers know the exact location of a truck, and they are immediately aware of completed driver activities. Waiting times and their associated cause are recorded to better understand and manage the dynamics of the business. Centerline Mobile gives a trucking firm the real time visibility and operational control they need to compete in today’s trucking market.
Moreover, drivers can capture pro bill numbers, consignee information and accurate details of the freight (quantity, weight, commodity type etc.) at pick-up time which allows cross-dock staff and planners the visibility to efficiently plan the outbound delivery routes and resources long before the freight actually arrives at the cross dock. The use of optional barcode scanning and imaging can further drive operational improvements by eliminating data entry errors and by reducing data entry time. This type of added visibility and information accuracy enables Centerline to squeeze out the unnecessary waste and its associated costs from the trucking operations.
Providing customers with a quick and easy way to interface to your business 7/24 is critical to any trucking operation who wants to provide outstanding customer service. Centerline’s trucking software web interface allows you to create a powerful customer portal that gives customers access to the information and tools that they need. Centerline’s new Web Portal provides secure access for your customer to Order Entry, Advanced Track & Trace and Document Retrieval.
The functionality available via the Web Portal Trucking Software includes:
- Making a pick-up request and entering the order details
- Checking the status of orders
- Tracking & tracing freight orders
- Checking POD
- Accessing Custom reports
EDI with ACE/ACI Interfaces
Centerline’s Trucking Software EDI engine enables the exchange of information with customers and interline carriers via a variety of EDI exchange options. Centerline EDI also includes the ACE and ACI EDI interfaces necessary for cross-border shipments.
Determining what to charge for the movement of freight between two locations is a huge issue for most transportation companies. Inaccuracy in freight rates and other associated charges can cause disputes resulting in high day’s payables and lost revenue.
Centerline’s powerful rating engine allows carriers to assign default freight rate tables to a customer’s profile or to create custom rate tables for each customer or groups of customers. Either way, the rate tables capture the rates charged for the movement of freight between two locations. The rating engine is highly flexible allowing a carrier to define freight rates that make sense for their business using units of measure that are user defined for both the freight itself (size and weight etc.) and the transport (per mile/km, per region, between zip codes/postal codes, between cities etc).
Centerline’s rating engine handles even the most unique rating requirements like commodity line item rating (e.g. per seat, per ottoman, per chair etc.), cube rating, zone-piece rating (for courier) and deficit rating.
Centerline allows carriers to achieve over 95% auto-rating. Cycle down rating algorithms in the engine result in the optimal rate without any human intervention. This means that billing clerks no longer have to carefully review all orders to ensure accurate freight billing rather they need only review those that are identified by the system as exception. The end result is a more efficient and accurate billing process which ultimately reduces day’s payable and customer complaints.
Centerline Rating – Key Features
- Manual or automated Approve, Process and Post
- Rate Quotes with history
- Dynamic effective dates and freight rate history
- Industry published, internal, Carrier, Driver, Customer rates
- Multi-tiered, deficit, lane, cube, flat, per mile, % revenue splits
- Ancillary / Assessorial / Surcharges
- System wide or customer specific FSC
- Freight class differentiation
- Declared value
Centerline also provides a very efficient and accurate methodology to process transactions handled by outside carriers whether they are simple Agents or Interline Partners. Manage these complex transaction with ease even when 2 or 3 carriers are involved moving the freight.
Centerline Integrated Accounting is a full-featured suite of highly adaptable financial applications that meet the needs of a range of business accounting requirements. With a simple and user-friendly interface, Integrated Accounting is a modular accounting package that is extremely stable even in the most demanding environments. Centerline Integrated Accounting provides general and custom accounting modules to meet the unique needs of our customers. Our GAAP-based general accounting suite includes:
- General Ledger – The Centerline General Ledger provides flexible financial reporting and accounting necessary to fulfill the needs of a large or growing multi-faceted organization. Recurring, reversing, and adjusting entries are available to minimize data entry. The Financial Report Generator enables the user to produce statements in a variety of formats and combinations of departments, divisions, or companies. An extensive audit
- Accounts Receivable – Accounts Receivable functions provide greater control and flexibility in tracing customer sales activity and payment behavior. Each customer’s sales history, payment history, ageing, and internal note system are carefully monitored and reported, enabling management to make timely and informed decisions. Centerline’s comprehensive A/R module provide full visibility into customer sales history, payment history, aging and credit management.
- Accounts Payable – Accounts Payable functions track vendor activity as well as every transaction that can affect the accounts payable balance. Making payments is an easy and flexible process. Documents may be placed on hold, selected individually for payment or selected automatically by the system under user control designed to maximize cash flow and take advantage of available discounts. The system is tightly integrated with a number of specialized applications or it may be run simply as a stand-alone package. Track and manage vendor payment activity with automated check processing.
- Route Distributors – Centerline for Route Distribution software is specially designed module for business operators who distribute products to their customers on a regular schedule. Centerline for Route Distribution is excellent for operations that generate a high volume of invoices per day (average of 500/day). Drivers realize incredible order taking efficiencies from faster and more accurate data entry. The extensive price tables enable variable pricing by customer based on volume of negotiated discounts improving inventory management, receivables and the GL. Using the sales analysis tools, management can generate reports by product and by customers to maximize profitability on every delivery. Route Distribution basic package includes: Sales Orders, Accounts Receivable, Purchase Orders, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, and General Ledger.
- Driver Settlement – Centerline’s Driver Management tools allows you to keep track of key information about your drivers. Track and manage address information, driver’s license details, medical expiry dates and more including a variety of user definable fields. In addition to the driver management tools, Centerline’s powerful driver settlement tool tracks driver activities and prepares gross pay based on these activities. It handles a wide variety of gross pay calculations based on miles/km travelled, hours worked, weight transported and many more.
- Interline Payables – The use of third party carriers or “interlines” to serve customers is commonplace for most of today’s carriers. Centerline TMS delivers the tools necessary to manage these third party relationships. The Interline Management module keeps track of the terms of business with each interline carrier, it controls and monitors the movement of freight through partners and it ensures that the transactions are recorded and billed accurately either individually or on a consolidated bill. The end result is problem free relationships with key partners and fewer customer service issues.
- Centerline Reporting – Centerline comes with over fifty standard reports built right in! Use Crystal Reports to create your own unique reports, using Centerline’s extensive database of key information on Financial, Operations, Administrative, Sales, Productivity, etc.