May 25, 2016 — Computer Associates (CAI) today announced that its NAV for Refining business management software for precious metals refiners has completed Microsoft Corporation’s® Certified for Microsoft Dynamics (CfMD) program and been recognized by Microsoft as having met their highest standards for Dynamics® implementations.
The NAV for Refining software will receive priority ranking in the Microsoft Pinpoint® Marketplace for Microsoft Dynamics.
According to Microsoft, software products displaying Microsoft’s CfMD logo ensure technology decision makers that the software:
- Was developed by a certified and reputable Independent Software Vendor;
- Was designed for a unique business need, specifically the precious metals refining industry;
- Has been tested for seamless integration with Microsoft Dynamics;
- Has been used and recommended by other companies;
- Is low-risk, fast to implement, and simple to maintain;
- Is properly supported and protected;
- Meets industry-specific requirements and local language, tax, and governmental regulations.
The CfMD process takes about 40 days to complete and requires a fee paid for by the solution provider. Product testing is done by a third party rather than Microsoft. There are five key requirements to obtain CfMD status:
- Software Solutions Test
- Software Escrow
- Support Capabilities
- Customer References
- Demonstrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) competency
Bill Tierney, Vice President for CAI’s MS Dynamics Group said, “We are extremely proud of this accomplishment. Our CMfD certification will help us continue to build trust in our brand and further establish CAI as the preeminent supplier of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software to the precious metals industry. This successful completion of Microsoft’s rigorous certification program is a testament to the entire team at CAI and their commitment to delivering high quality management solutions to our worldwide clients.”
About NAV for Refining
Designed specifically for precious metals smelters and full-service refiners, NAV for Refining provides a simplified, integrated foundation for more control and real-time visibility into your business. From lot control, settlements, contracts, payments and inventory control to hedging, refining services, accounting and business analytics, you get an integrated solution that works with and like Microsoft Office and the other familiar applications you already use, making the learning curve and time-to-value short.