April 2, 2014—Computer Associates, Inc. (CAI) today announced that the company will be participating The International Precious Metals Institute’s (IPMI) 38th International Precious Metals Conference, June 7-120, in Orlando, Florida.
In Booth 106 of the IPMI’s newly minted exhibit area, CAI will offer a detailed look at the latest capabilities of the company’s Navision for Refiners ERP software for precious metal smelters, refiners and manufacturers of precious metal-based engineered products.
The IPMI is the largest and most well-known association focused on precious metals in the world. IPMI is an international association of producers, refiners, fabricators, scientists, users, financial institutions, merchants, private and public sector groups, and the general precious metals community formed to provide a forum for the exchange of information and technology. The institute provides the networking opportunities necessary for success in today’s global marketplace.
About Navision for Refiners ERP Software
Navision for Refiners is based on Microsoft’s flexible, intuitive Dynamics NAV 2013 enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform. Over ten years, we’ve implemented the software at some of the biggest names in precious metals refining and manufacturing, helping to:
- Eliminate the need for spreadsheets and other disconnected third-party applications;
- Access weights and value of all metals under their control, regardless of ownership;
- Integrate information across departments (i.e., receiving, production, warehouse, vendors, accounting, etc.);
- Gain immediate and remote ‘anytime’ access to ‘hedging positions’;
- Set customer, metal and quantity-specific accountability percentages as well as other types of charges (i.e., assay, refining.) based on metal type, yield and other factors;
- Handle settlements profitably and with clear audit trails and forensic analysis of all customer and vendor settlements;
- Manufacture and fully integrate inventory control of precious metal-based engineered products;
- Use contracts to carry all appropriate charges and fees along with a record of advances through to settlement;
- Utilize pool accounting to maintain an accurate, real-time view of metals inventory—whether under their roof or not;
- Provide spot pricing to customers/vendors and hedge for protection;
- Co-mingle customers’ bars into house lots for further processing with full tracking.
For more information, visit www.caisoft.com/refining.