Demand Planning & PO Management Software
Next Generation’s powerful Demand Planning & Purchasing Management capability improves service levels and decreases operational costs by ensuring proper inventory balances to satisfy customer demand. Multiple demand planning methods predict replenishment quantities needed for all stock items. Routine tasks are software automated, thereby increasing employee productivity and improving customer service.
The Purchasing Management module makes it easy to procure, receive and track inventory items. Fully integrated with Next Generation’s sales order management module, sales orders for non-stock and drop ship items can automatically create a purchase order or notify purchasing to act appropriately. Multiple purchase order options are supported including expense, stock, blanket, drop ship, and branch transfers. Purchasing units of measure can differ from stocking units of measure providing maximum flexibility in procuring, selling, controlling and accounting for inventory items.
Key Demand Planning and Purchasing Features
- Centralized or decentralized purchasing
- Purchase order routing for authorization or release
- Drop-ship purchase orders correspond to sales orders
- Suggested order quantities based on demand or sales history
- Weekly or monthly replenishment cycles
- Seasonality options in planning item replenishment
- Replenishment support using primary/secondary item relationships
- Vendor performance information
- Retention of purchasing activity history
- Expediting tools and support
Calculate the Ideal Order Quantity
Next Generation reviews inventory availability and outstanding orders to calculate the suggested economic order quantity for those items that need to be ordered. The system takes into account average usage, lead times, safety stock, order point, minimum quantity, maximum quantity, line points and review cycles as part of the demand planning process. Demand planning algorithms include product line targets based on quantity, dollars, weight and volume.
Seamlessly integrated with the Inventory Management, Sales Order Management, Accounts Payable and General Ledger modules, Next Generation Demand Planning & Purchasing Management Software has everything a distributor needs to make the best buying decisions.